F~u~c~k i~t!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Top posting users this month
No user

GeoMap

Use a local virtual machine as gateway with all local subnet traffic goes through it (用虚拟机作为本机的网关并接收所有子网流量) WANem

Go down

Use a local virtual machine as gateway with all local subnet traffic goes through it (用虚拟机作为本机的网关并接收所有子网流量) WANem Empty Use a local virtual machine as gateway with all local subnet traffic goes through it (用虚拟机作为本机的网关并接收所有子网流量) WANem

Post  halala Wed May 07, 2014 11:56 am

To perform some network impairment experiments, I have to use WANem to as the gateway of my PC to perform packet loss. However, I don't have three computer at hand, so I have to run the WANem in a virtualbox with the PC and notebook as client and server machines. The virtual machine is installed on my PC and bridged into the local subnet 191.8.1.177. And the IP address of my PC and notebook is  191.8.1.175 and 191.8.1.176.

To conduct the experiment, I set the PC's gateway as the virtual machine's IP and the virtual machines's gateway as the original gateway of local subnet,say  191.8.1.254.

A problem raised here, I used the tracert command to find out that all the local subnet traffic went by-pass the WANem VM and directly to the notebook.  With a lot of searching with Google,I finally came to a right solution.

Set the netmask of you PC to 255.255.255.255, so it will not see other local subnet machines and all traffic goes directly to the WANem. The detailed discussion is here.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
halala
halala

帖子数 : 99
金币(Coin) : 4514
注册日期 : 2012-08-17

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum